Baltic LEGO users group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC

+4
de marco
MC
Marius
zux
8 posters

Go down

Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC Empty Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC

Post by zux Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Please find a list of submissions for Best Active MOC below:

1. MC (previously Marius (1)) - OSHKOSH HT
Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC 640x425

More MOC photos

OSHKOSH HT is airport snow removal tractor mostly used in United States
In reality it consists of 4x4 tractor with snow plow and a trailer with rotating snow brush and snow blower
Motor driwing snow brush and compressor for snow blower is installed in a trailer.

My MOC has following remotely controlled functions:
4x4 driving by PF XL motor
Front wheel steering PF servo motor
Plow rising and lovering PF M motor via small linear actuators
Plow direction changing by big pneumatic cylinder via autovalve/compressor driven by PF M motor
Brush rotation by PF L motor
Brush rising and lovering  by big pneumatic cylinder via autovalve/compressor driven by PF L motor
Brush direction changing and getting into transportation position by PF L motor
I used 4x PF receivers so all functions can by operated simultaniously

2. Marius (previously Marius (2)) - Pickup snow-plow
Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC 640x480

More MOC photos

It is driven by a single M motor on a 3:1 reduction ratio + slight differential reduction.
While the motor might seem a little weak, It provides a decent amount of power at the cost of speed, which is not really neccesary in this case. I could've used the XL, but it was simply too big. Only the rear wheels are driven. The car also is able to raise/lower the plow. It also features headlights, front independant and rear common-axle suspension. Another nice thing about it is it's opening hood with a spring mechanism. So, that's my entry into the contest, and I wish everyone the best of luck

3. zux - Sporty snow tracker
Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC 640x427

More MOC photos

This is quite small MOC, measuring 30 studs in length (including spoiler) and 20 studs in width, so space is an issue, keeping in mind tracks are taking a lot of space. So the idea was to created a C-model, which is mainly true about this MOC as it consists of parts from 42006, exluding PF stuff and two other parts. I wanted to have a quick snow tracker (you see there is a spoiler! Smile) and used two L-motors to motorize each track. Standard sized battery box was used, so the weight is kind of high and MOC didn't performed on snow as expected.

Voting rules:
You have 3 points, which you can distribute any wat you wish (3 points to just one entry, or 1 point for 3 entries)
Author (MOC creator) cannot vote for his entry

Last edited by zux on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : submiter names)

zux

Back to top Go down

Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC Empty Re: Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC

Post by Marius Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:19 pm

I forgot to add that my pickup's plow and lights are remotely controlled also

Marius
Admin

https://balticlug.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC Empty Re: Voting: Let it snow - Best Active MOC

Post by MC Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Marius (1) can be renamed to MC in post above, as it is my name in this forum.

It is probably unethical to comment on competitors models, but as this forum is very quiet I will in order to get some discussion going.

To Marius (2)

If I see correctly you are using wheels from unimog in your model, meaning it is of quite significant size. So your statement that there was no place for XL or atleast L motor for driving does not sound like thruth

Why is it only rear wheel drive, thats just week

To Zux

I really like compact models tightly packed with functions,
Maybe it was possible to additionaly fit in snow plow, lowered and rised by pneumatic cylinder and controled manualy. It would have looked more like model having something to do with winter as now it can as well be swamp amphibious weehicle.

If I could wote in this category I would give 2 points to Zux and 1 pointo to Marius (2)

MC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marius Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:17 pm

These are not unimog tires, but the same rims with the thinest possible tires. The model is fairly light for it's size,plus it's 3:1 reduction make an M motor just enough.

Marius
Admin

https://balticlug.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by de marco Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:47 pm

3 points to Zux

de marco

Back to top Go down

Post by zux Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 am

Marius - 2
MC - 1

MC wrote:Marius (1) can be renamed to MC in post above, as it is my name in this forum.
That's the reason I've asked how you wish to be represented by name, full name or just a nickname ;)Anyway I have changed names, but had to leave a notice of previously used ones. Unfotunatelly I'm unable to change Bricksafe's page names, without re-creating them, so will leave it as it is for now.

MC wrote:To Zux

I really like compact models tightly packed with functions,
Maybe it was possible to additionaly fit in snow plow, lowered and rised by pneumatic cylinder and controled manualy. It would have looked more like model having something to do with winter as now it can as well be swamp amphibious weehicle.
Well, yeah, I feel that model doesn't have much functions. But I had a good challenge building almost a C-model and the purpose was not to have all possible functions incorporated in single model. I twas a good experience, so now I know how can I impore my next winter related MOC (with more functions, hopefully!)

zux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauris Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:17 pm

MC 3 pt for technically awesome project. Would love to see video.

Although I love zux project very very much... it looks neat and has great pictures. Hope for some photo instructions, I guess I can build it with my parts as well.

Lauris

Back to top Go down

Post by marceriusLV Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:14 pm

2 points to Marius (previously Marius (2)) - Pickup snow-plow (seen a lot of them in real life lately due to snow blizzards in America)   Cool  
1 point to zux for creativity  Wink 

marceriusLV

Back to top Go down

Post by TGBDZ Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:07 pm

3 points to zux

TGBDZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandarts Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 am

OSHKOSH HT - 1 point
Sporty snow tracker - 2 points

Zandarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down